- To revive the African culture through fashion.
- To promote the dignity of womanhood.
- To open new windows of business opportunities.
- To encourage indigenous fashion designers.
- To redefine fashion shows by showcasing other fashion accessories.
- Encouraging the exportation of local designs in the region.
Ecowas Fashion Week will also have an awards segment where people who have made great contributions to the fashion industry.In this second edition, anticipation gets a step higher as the organizers – IBCNL, Lagos Nigeria team up with major corporate bodies in the Republic of Benin such as Trinity Events (handling the event) and Angels Modeling Agency to launch the 2nd edition of the ECOWAS Fashion Week. The event will be attended by many International Super Models, Celebrities, Renowned African Designers, and several other fashion brands.
I am overwhelmed and honored. I am excited about this event and I think, the West African people especially the people of Benin Republic are more excited than me. _ Joan Okorodudu